 Robotics / Handy Board / 2947
Re: Help in Assembler
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Fri, 7 Nov 1997 17:03:53 GMT

What is "ORG"? Does it matter what number you use?
Is the number a memory location?

Thanks for any help!   :)

-----------
ericson mar
Master of Engineering Candidate
Project: Mobile Robotics
mar@cooper.edu
(212)353-4356

Department of Mechanical Engineering
The Cooper Union for the Advancement of Science and Art

On Wed, 5 Nov 1997, Brian S Jappinen wrote:

From mar@cooper.edu Wed Nov  5 18:33:16 1997

Consider a part of a program:

var1   FCB   1
var2   FCB   7
var3   FCB   4
     .
     .
     .
varN   FCB   ?

If I want to use a variable (say X) to determine when to use "var1" to
"varN", how can I do this (other than a whole bunch of CMP's).
(i.e. when X = 3, I want to access var3)

I guess what I'm asking is...Is there a way to indicate the address var3
as "the address of var1 plus an offset"?

I think this might be what you want to do:

varind FCB $00 * 0 <= varind <= FF

ORG $c100 * some location of table
var1    FCB   1
var2    FCB   7
var3    FCB   4
     .
     .
     .
varN    FCB   ?
     .
     .
tabadr  FDB #$c100 * address where table is stored

start ORG $c000
LDX tabadr
     .
     .
     .
        INC num
     .
     .
        LDAA num,x

Note: 0,x would access the first element of the table.

You might think about a hash table.

Scott