 Robotics / Handy Board / 29
  Re: battery voltages

Where on the Handy Board would you plug the 6V into? and what is the J13 connector for? -John (...) (29 years ago, 6-Feb-96, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  battery voltages

Regarding the use of a 6V ni-cad pack to solve my over-voltage problem in driving small motors, could I still use my current 9.6V pack, but simply insert a tap into the battery at somewhere close to 6V? Seems nicer than buying another battery pack, (...) (29 years ago, 6-Feb-96, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: battery voltages

(...) Yes, and the current capacity would be the same, since excess voltage gets dissipated in the HB's voltage regulator. -Fred (29 years ago, 6-Feb-96, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: battery voltages

(...) I'd use 6V instead of the 9.6V main power supply - connect it where the main battery terminals are. It'd be really nice if the handy board had a way to use voltages other than 9.6V for the motor driver chips, ya know. :-) (29 years ago, 7-Feb-96, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)