 Robotics / Handy Board / 2876
2875  |  2877
Subject:
Digital Ins and Motor Outs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Wed, 22 Oct 1997 06:16:41 GMT

I have succesfully loaded pcode_hb.s19 and run IC with my Handyboard
(finally).  However, I am having a few problems with the digital inputs
and the motor outputs.
     The Start and Stop buttons work fine when testing the digital inputs
using the hbtest.c file.  However, none of the zeros change to ones when
I put the scrap piece of wire between the uppermost and lowermost contact
on the header strips.  However, when the Start button is pressed the zeo
corresponding to port 7 changes to a one.  I have checked all
orientations and the solder side for solder bridges and everything seems
fine. One thing that happened when I was first testing is that I
accidentally jumpered the 5 volt supply with the lowermost strip header.
The board reset itself.  Coulkd this have damaged anything.
     Also, when testing the motor outputs, the command fd(int); lights
the red LED on motor ports 1 and 3.  It should cause the green LEDs to
light.  The green lights are fine on motor ports 0 and 2.  Also,
conversly, the green LEDs light up when the red ones should on motor ports
1 and 3.  Also, the supply voltage at pin 8 of U10 and U11 is about 9.6
volts using pin 4 as the ground.  The assembly manual says it should be
about 15 volts.
     All and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Rob Gaunt