 Robotics / Handy Board / 279
Re: Emitting 40khz IR
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Wed, 10 Apr 1996 13:10:28 GMT

poke(0x1000,0x40);

will turn the IR on at 40KHZ and poke(0x1000,0x0); will turn it off.

How do I send out 40khz IR on the handyboard IR port so that I can use a
Sharp IR detector for proximity sensing?  I would need a signal that
wasn't modulated at 100 or 125 hz, right?  Just a straight 40khz signal.
Any help would be appreciated.

-John

Dr. M. K. Ramasubramanian
Assistant Professor
Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
North Carolina State University
Box 7910
Raleigh, NC 27695-7910

(919)515-5268