 Robotics / Handy Board / 2769
2768  |  2770
Subject:
PORTD WOM Control Bit
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Tue, 23 Sep 1997 20:35:42 GMT

Hello to all,
I'm trying to link one pic homemade board with the HB using I2C. To
implement I2C in the HB side, I want to use  two pins from PORTD, and I'd
like to configure it (PORTD) in a wired-OR way. To do that, I think I need
to do something like:
DOWM EQU $20    PORTD WOM CONTROL BIT
.
.
.
LDX #$1000 * REGISTER BASE
BSET SPCR,X,#DWOM * CONFIG PORTD AS OPEN DRAIN
.
.
.
My doubt is if this will affect the HB Serial Interface (lines TX and RX
from PORTD).
Will serial interface (and Interactive C) keep working?

Thanks,
marce