 Robotics / Handy Board / 2764
2763  |  2765
Subject:
please reply to pshaltis@alpha.albion.edu
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Mon, 22 Sep 1997 13:13:12 GMT

From: IN%"PSHALTIS@ALPHA.ALBION.EDU"  "NAME=I'll have the hair of the dog that bit me." 15-SEP-1997 18:00:37.88
To: IN%"handyboard@media.mit.edu"
CC:
Subj: sony ir files

Date: Mon, 15 Sep 1997 17:24:14 +0000 (EASTERN)
From: "NAME=\"I'll have the hair of the dog that bit me.\""
<PSHALTIS@ALPHA.ALBION.EDU>
Subject: sony ir files
To: handyboard@media.mit.edu

Hello fellow Handyboard users,

I am a student at Albion College who is doing a directed study in robotics.  I
have been trying to use the sony-ir.icb file on the Handyboard.  I followed
the user guide instructions by replacing the r22_ir.lis file with the
sony-ir.icb file in the Interactive C library.  However, whenever I try to
load a program into the board from IC, I get the message:
Board not responding, retrying.  Please press the reset
button.

So, it seems that ultimately, whenever I load in the sony-ir.icb file, the
board becomes corrupted such that I can't load any of my other programs.
If I change the library back so that it has the r22_ir.lis file instead of
the sony-ir.icb file and reload IC, the board downloads my programs fine.
(this is after I have first reload the p-code)

Has anyone had this kind of trouble before or any suggestions regarding how
I can use the sony related IR functions on the Handyboard.  Thanks a lot.

-Phil