 Robotics / Handy Board / 2747
2746  |  2748
Subject:
LEGO motors and the handyboard ?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Fri, 19 Sep 1997 09:31:09 GMT

L.S.

Recently I connected 3 standard LEGO motors to the Handyboard to power a 4
wheel driven LEGO model I build. With the standard LEGO (9v 7VA) adapter I
can easily run 3 motors at once without any noticable slow down of any of
them. But when connected to the Handyboard I can not power 2 motors or more
at the same time because the board resets then. I first thought it was the
gearing but after trying to run more motors at the same time without any
gears or load I found that when I run 2 motors and increase the speed above
level 5 they are taking to much power and the board resets. When the motors
have to carry the handyboard around a speed of 3 is the maximum ! Running
them whithout my adapter connected is almost impossible...

Is this all a correct ? Or is there something else going on. ?
Please any help would be welcome,

Jaron Paludanus,
j.paludanus@tip.nl