 Robotics / Handy Board / 2740
Re: mc68hc11a1fn and sonar
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Tue, 17 Sep 1996 08:33:03 GMT

I agree with you Bastiaan that the book Microcontroller Technology by
Peter Spasov is very good for one want to learn about how to program
micon 6811. My lecturer recomended that book, too.
But is there any other suggestion.

And for hack_man. Who are you?
Bastiaan Jansen wrote:

Hi,

In addition to de reference manual I started reading a book called
"Microcontroller technonoly, the 68hc11" by Peter Spasov
(ISBN-0-13-583568-2). I think it's a rather good book. It begins with the
fundamentals of microcontrollers. It handles all the relevant topics, and
everything is illistrated by the 68HC11.... At the end of the book all
specific functions of the HC11 are discussed.
I like the book so far....
Concerning the sonar system: I'm trying to build one myself, but
experienced that it's not as easy as it looks... or is it me? ;-)
You can find some examples in "Robot builders bonzana"....

greetz,

Bastiaan Jansen

hack_man wrote:
hello, everyone

I have 2 questions:

        Does anyone know of any good books or sites about the motorolla
mc68hc11 family?  I'd like to understand on how this actually works and
stuff. Is the Motorola mc68hc11 reference manual a  good book for the • job?
Are there any other good books or web pages on this subject, and/or
programming and interfacing to a 'hc11?

        Also, does anyone know of any homebrew sonar ranging systems? I'd
like it for my 'bot, but I'd like it cheap and/or handbuilt. Any
recommends?