 Robotics / Handy Board / 2690
Re: HB IR transmit circuitry problem
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Wed, 3 Sep 1997 02:09:33 GMT

what value are you using for the R4 resistor? There was an incorrect
value in some of the Handy Board documentation and it might not be
fully expunged. Also, are you using a polypropylene capacitor for C6.

-Fred

--
This message was composed using Articulate Systems' PowerSecretary,
a Macintosh-based speech-to-text dictation system.

In your message you said:
I just finished building my Handy Board and I was testing the IR
transmit circuitry.  I found that the oscillator was actually
oscillating @ 57kHz instead of 39-41kHz. That makes it useless for now!
I made sure to get the exact capacitor and resistor values as specified.

I'm wondering if the value of the resistor changed during soldering due
to thermal shock or the cap is just of value, or would R7(10K) res
affect it?

By the way what's the purpose of that R7 anyways?

Laz