 Robotics / Handy Board / 2683
Re: Download problems
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Sun, 31 Aug 1997 01:21:26 GMT

Usually, PC has two external serial ports (DB9 and DB25). The DB9 usually
used by your mouse, and DB25 is connected to the external modem.

The HB should be connected to DB25 in place of external modem, and it is
usually configured as COM2.

Another reason is you didn't put the HB in download mode by pressing "STOP"
key turn on the HB power at the same time. You will notice both BATT (Red
LED) and PWR (Green LED) turn-off.

Patrick

--00--------------------------------------------------------
Low cost MIT Handyboard supplier and
Official Distributor of Interactive-C 3.1
WWW:  http://home.hkstar.com/~huip for more info
E-mail: huip@hkstar.com

----------
From: John Karamihas <john.karamihas@aapi.co.uk>
To: handyboard@media.mit.edu
Subject: Download problems
Date: Sunday, August 31, 1997 1:04 AM

Hello

I just wanted to say that I have got the HB from Hong Kong two weeks ago
but I didn't reply due to the fact that I had problems with my monitor
Now that my computer works I am trying to see if the HB is working
I have a problem: When I am trying to download the pcode_hb.s19 file a
window pops out saying "Wrong port or board mode"

I tried all the ports but nothing happens maybe is the telephone wire.

Any suggestions?

Maybe there is a reason that I have an external modem

Thanks