 Robotics / Handy Board / 2660
    digital ins
   Hi all, At what voltage on the digital ins does one risk damaging the HB? I want to feed an amplified signal to the digital ins on my HB to exaggerate the response of a photosensor in the 2-3V range of its operation. Unfortunately, this means that (...) (27 years ago, 26-Aug-97, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

        Re: digital ins —Chuck McManis
     (...) 5.12 volts (...) Yes. (...) 5.12 volts max, 0 volts minimum (...) The correct solution to your problem is to use an op-amp signal conditioner, possibly feeding into a schmidt trigger if you need some hysteresis. (sp?) You can also rig a zener (...) (27 years ago, 26-Aug-97, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

        Re: digital ins —Jeffrey Strauss Morehead
   If you want to exaggerate the response, perhaps a LM339 +5v single supply comparator will do. Set up your circuit to go high(+5v) above your 2-3v range of operation. This solves all your input problems. Loads of manufactures make this thing. Data (...) (27 years ago, 27-Aug-97, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)