 Robotics / Handy Board / 2616
    Re: positioning of robot —root
   (...) Howdy- (...) No problem- as long as you get the relevant points across- that's what counts :) (...) Ok- that's a very good basic question. Here are the pluses and minuses for each type of drive system: 2 WHEELS: The two wheel drive system on (...) (27 years ago, 15-Aug-97, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

        Re: positioning of robot —Jeffrey Strauss Morehead
     I think the Tyco ZIG ZAG makes a great platform. It is a treaded vehicle with a center motor/wheel set that moves it sideways. I haven't complete a robot with it yet but you may want to look into it. jm (...) (27 years ago, 15-Aug-97, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

        Re: positioning of robot —Chuck McManis
   I missed the first posting, I liked the summary posted by John Whitten. Youcan take his posting one layer "up" to get at the abstractions if you want. These are: 1. Points of contact with the surface - More increases stability. 2. Drive Train (...) (27 years ago, 15-Aug-97, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)