 Robotics / Handy Board / 2553
Re: IR Capture
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Sun, 3 Aug 1997 18:26:18 GMT

Remi Desrosiers wrote:

Hi handyboarders!

I'm currently controlling my camcorder pan (left-right)
and tilt (up-down). My camera is a Nikon VN-310. I have
a small (very small!) remote control to make it zoom,
record, play, stop, etc. Now the thing is I want to use
those codes used by my remote control to control my
camcorder's zoom. I've seen an identical model from Sony
called HandyCam but i'm not sure if they use the same
ir coding. The camcorders casing are _identical_ so I
bet they use the same ir codes. I tried to use various
Sony transmit & receive ICBs/C files in order to check
up what are those codes. Unfortunately I've found that
those camcorders from sony use a 15 bits packet instead
of the usual 12 bits packet. Can anybody tell me how I
can grab those codes sent by my remote control? Note
that Sony doesn't use RC-5 or REC-80 standard. I've
never used the assembly language before. Maybe a simple
routine that records the timings and then play back when
commended could do the trick.

Try my IR routines available at
http://WWW.CAM.ORG/~mdavies/HB/ir.htmThey should handle any # of data
bits and any kinds of codes.

e-mail me personally if you need more help.

/Max