 Robotics / Handy Board / 2537
Re: LCD Displays
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Wed, 30 Jul 1997 16:38:53 GMT

Wirz Electronics has the best deal: a 16x2 LCD for $8!!!
go to www.wirz.com and follow the links to the serial LCD interface,
the LCD is sold separately and there is no minimum.

jm

On Tue, 29 Jul 1997, Dave Peppy wrote:

Hi,
        Reading through the literature at the Handy Board site I discovered
that there are two alternate displays to the one manufactured by Hitachi,
namely the Alps LDS7A1792A and the Optrex DMC-16249.  Browsing through some
catalogs I found two LCDs by Optrex - the DMC-16249B and a DMC-16249UB.  I
was just wondering, does anyone know whether or not the LM052L and the above
mentioned Optrex displays (DMC-16249B or DMC-16249UB), are equivalent as I
can't seem to find a pinout for the Hitachi display.

        I was also wondering if anyone knew of any places that would stock
the Hitachi or equivalent displays (preferably one that does not have a
minimum order).  As the construction of my Handy Board cannot proceed until
I get an LCD, any information would be appreciated.

Regards,
        DAVE PEPPY