 Robotics / Handy Board / 2484
Re: Servo control using Miniboard slaved
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Mon, 21 Jul 1997 22:06:00 GMT

Chuck:

I agree with you; what I've done with the MiniSSC is to break the path into
a set of linear segments with via points in joint space. The lynxmotion arm
ends up needing a lot of points (therefore moving pretty slowly) to avoid
jerkiness, but since I'm emulating a big hydraulic excavator in a 1:50 scale
diorama, the effect hasn't been a problem.

Tom Dickens wrote a really good article on SPI comm for slaving HC11s. Some
folks on the list might want to check it out at
http://home1.gte.net/tdickens/68HC11/robocat/robotcat.html

Cheers,
- Mike