 Robotics / Handy Board / 2482
2481  |  2483
Subject:
LCD display
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Mon, 21 Jul 1997 20:11:08 GMT

Hi there,

        I'm in the midst of ordering all of the parts necessary to assemble
the Handy Board.  However, I'm having trouble finding two parts.  They are
the following:

Description             Catalog No.     Manufacturer
-----------             -----------     ------------
Infrared demodulator    IS1U60          Sharp
16X2 LCD display        LM052L          Hitachi

I have found places that stock the above parts but I cannot place an order
unless I purchase about 5 LCD screens and about 50 units of the IS1U60.
Does anyone know of any other alternate manufacturers of displays (other
than Optrex and Alps), that supply equivalent displays?  I can get my hands
on virtually any LCD manufactured by Sharp, do they manufacture a suitable
display that could replace the Hitachi one?  Better yet, is there anyone out
there that has any extras of these parts lying around that I could take off
their hands?  I would pay all shipping/handling charges involved.  Any
information would be most appreciated.  Thanks.

Dave Peppy
Department of Electrical Engineering
McGill University                             Inet: peppya@pubnix.net  or
Montreal, CANADA                                    dpeppy@ee.mcgill.ca