 Robotics / Handy Board / 2477
RE: Serial Communications.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Mon, 21 Jul 1997 15:40:23 GMT

Thanks for the info. I would like to see the code and wiring diagram if
that's possible.

Thanks for the help.

John Hatton.

From: Lipsett, Mike[SMTP:lipsett.mike@syncrude.com]
Subject: FW: Serial Communications.
Hi John:
I've used the HB to send serial command strings to a Mini SSC (for the
Lynxmotion arm).    I built a tiny daughterboard with a MAX232 that plugged
into J6 on the board for power.  Software handshaking is minimal and the
MiniSSC works fine.  If I didn't already have the Mini SSC, I'd use a Stamp
to control the servos, as the Duncan Orthner suggested.
If anyone wants to go the HB -> Mini SSC -> RC servo route, let me know and
I'll post the code and wiring diagram.
Cheers,
- Mike