 Robotics / Handy Board / 2458
2457  |  2459
Subject:
serial light steady on
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Thu, 17 Jul 1997 02:50:58 GMT

I have completed the charger/serial board and it checks out Ok except
for the fact that as soon as the host serial cable is plugged into the
board, the green serial light is steady ON.

The voltage between pins 2tx and 7gnd is -12V. I thought this was odd but
its that way on both my laptop and desktop PCs so I assume its normal :).
I went ahead and built the handyboard up to the point where 'ic' is
supposed to try and download pcode_hb.s19.
'ic' can't communicate with handyboard at all.

I can do 'dir > com1' and the serial LED will blink off in quick little
off blinks. running 'ic' shows no "off blinks" but I assume that is
because such little data is being sent that its not enough to keep the
light off for long enough for the human eye to notice.

Any ideas?

Don