 Robotics / Handy Board / 2429
Re: vector 2 x sample programs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Sun, 6 Jul 1997 00:27:18 GMT

Terry P. Gathright wrote:

Hello Everyone:
I have just finished hooking up my vector2x compass and it seems to work
fine thanks to Tom Brusehaver's good work and instructions.The only goof
I made was to reverse the input and output lines. After about two hours
of inspection and probing with a logic probe I realized the problem and
corrected it.
Does anyone  have any sample code for using the v2x compass on a small
robot.I don't have a clue about writing code but can follow directions
to the tee if there is nothing left out.
                                                Thanks
                                                Terry Gathright
                                                669@worldnet.att.net

Eric Olson (robojoc@worldnet.att.net) may be able to help you.  He
describes his GeneSys-1 robot in the latest Seattle Robotics Society
newsletter.  It uses ultrasonic rangefinding, IR, and a Vector 2X compass
for navigation.  Nice machine.

http://www.seattlerobotics.org/encoder/jul97/gensys.html

Cheers,
Michael A. Tyborski