 Robotics / Handy Board / 2315
2314  |  2316
Subject:
motor power...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Wed, 11 Jun 1997 16:56:28 GMT

  Hi All,

    I've run into some problems with my robot, any help in solving it
will be appreciated.

    Iam using a radioshack toy for my vehicle. The onboard H-bridge on
the vehicle has transistors rated at 10A max, 50Wmax. As the HB drivers
cannot power this much, i decided to use an external 9.6V NICAD battery
to power the vehicle and just enable the motor & direction from the HB.

    By tapping the pins dirA, enable, dirB, +5V and GND of the motor
socket, i connected them to a 2-input QUAD AND gate. The output from the
AND gates were fed onto the H-Bridge transistors.

   Now, the problem is till yesterday, the vehicle could run forward and
backward with ease, but recently it is able to rotate in only one
direction (forward). ie from IC if i write motor(1,15)--- it runs
  But motor(1,-15) does not rotate the motors. instead i can hear a
tik-tik sound from somewhere near the wheels.
  By interchanging the connections of the QUAD AND gate, i tested the
H-bridges, the vehicle rotates forward and backward. But from IC it does
not run......

  iam at loss figuring out the problem....any help, suggestions will be
gladly appreciated....

  Thanks

  Sriram