 Robotics / Handy Board / 2309
2308  |  2310
Subject:
IC 3.1 questions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Tue, 10 Jun 1997 19:31:57 GMT

Aloha, fellow roboticists-

I've just started using IC 3.1 for all my interactive C needs
(on some old 6.270 boards for a seminar I run), and there are a
few differences between it and the old beta ICs I haven't figured out.

The main one is that the analog() routine doesn't seem to work.
I try to execute analog(27);   (for example) and it
returns -1 and the board starts beeping and saying
"Analog Port Out of Range".
I've tried this with multiple analog ports, mulitple sensors,
and multiple boards, all with the same result. However, the old
IC3.1 beta version I had worked fine (until a week ago when its
trial 30 days expired).

Do I need to load some special library? What are the functions of the
analog.asm and analog.icb files? (i tried loading analog.icb, but
it didn't change anything).

I wonder this because I thought at first that servo routines no longer
worked, but it was just that the old version of IC I had automatically
loaded servos, where as with IC 3.1 I have to load servo.icb and
servo.lis by hand.

If anyone wants to explain the relation between the .asm, .icb, .lis,
and .s19 files, or point me towards some documentation, and if anyone
has ideas about my analog difficulties, I'd be very appreciative.

Thanks,
-max