 Robotics / Handy Board / 228
  1050mA Dc Motor

Hi everybody I want to know if I can drive a DC motor which need 1050 mA as a starting current, using the miniboard. Thanx. Hachemi. (29 years ago, 28-Mar-96, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: 1050mA Dc Motor

If you use the Texas Instruments replacement for the L293D chip, you should be in business. Also, mini board questions should go to the robot board mailing list (see enclosed). -Fred -- This message was composed using Articulate Systems' (...) (29 years ago, 28-Mar-96, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: 1050mA Dc Motor

With teh TI chips, you might get away with it, just do not stall the motor for long. It will not work with the L293Ds, they are rated at 600 ma ( they might work for awhile) (...) (29 years ago, 29-Mar-96, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)