 Robotics / Handy Board / 2251
Re: Vector 2x giving me lots of trouble...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Sat, 17 May 1997 07:17:22 GMT

Well, I seemed to have narrowed down the problem I was having with the Vector2x
compass.  It was functioning fine...  All I had to do was write clean code that
called comp_disable(1) at the end.  When my code wasn't doing that, the compass
IRQ routines were still running, and IC31 would say, "initializing interrupts"
(or something like that), hose the pcode, and crash.  But when I called
comp_disable(1), then pulled up IC, it worked fine.
I think we should try and write some code for the compass so that works as a
slave, and you could just request the current heading from it.  The IRQ code
works, but as you said, it slows the board down quite a bit, and is pretty
fragile with IC31.  I'll start taking a look at it to see if I can come up with
anything...

I also find it difficult to shield the Vector2x from the magnetic effects of the
HandyBoard itself, and the motors.  I've had to position it quite a distance
away (kind of difficult on my small robot), and spent quite a bit of time
leveling it.  Perhaps I should have picked up the gimbled version...

On another note, I still haven't seen anything specific to the HandyBoard for
connecting up the Polaroid 6500.  Thanks to Michael A. Tyborski for his
links....  Still looking for an idiot proof description of how to connect it to
the HB...

-=Fred Cass=-

--
MIME ATTACHMENTS DISCARDED: