 Robotics / Handy Board / 2218
2217  |  2219
Subject:
IC 3.1
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Tue, 27 May 1997 04:51:22 GMT

Randy,  Thanks for your help so far, but I have a few questions.  How can I
remove drivers to get more room.  Where can I quickly get a copy of IC 3.1?
And how much does it cost?
  -Joe

Hi Joe,

Removing drivers depends a bit on what OS you're actually running.
Generally, you'd remove lines from your config.sys or autoexec.bat (on c:\)
to remove various drivers, if there are some you don't actually need.
Networking software on pre-Windows 95 can take a particularly large chunk
of your 640k.

However, if you don't know what the different lines of your autoexec.bat
and config.sys are doing, I'd recommend getting some specific advice from
someone who does understand before you go and change them.

As for IC 3.1, it is discounted to $35 for personal or educational use, and
can be downloaded immediately from http://www.dmsc.com/ic/ if you have a
credit card, or can be ordered from Newton Research Labs by mailing a check
(our address is on our web site at http://www.newtonlabs.com/ ).  If you're
unsure whether you'd like to buy IC, you can find out more about it at
http://www.newtonlabs.com/ic/ .

-- Randy

Randy Sargent                        Newton Research Labs
Senior Design Engineer               Robotic Systems and Software
rsargent@newtonlabs.com              http://www.newtonlabs.com/