 Robotics / Handy Board / 2187
Re: Digital Micro Systems
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Tue, 20 May 1997 18:30:51 GMT

Everybody,

DMSC is run by a nice guy named Prabal Dutta who posts frequently
to this list and who isn't evil and as far as I can tell isn't over
his head like some "vendors" in the robotics community have been.
If you can send email, then sending mail to prabal@dmsc.com will get
to him, even when he is on the road travelling (whereas his answering
machine will not necessarily achieve the same effect.)

Ok that aside, this comment I find truely enjoyable:
Tunde wrote:
I have been trying for two weeks to get a hold of them.  None of my
messages (phone/email) are answered, and I am still waiting for the
parts (high current H-bridges) to arrive.  I suppose they still don't
have them in stock, but it would be nice if they returned the messages!

The H-bridge is one that I designed and Prabal and I weren't in
"production" mode when some folks started ordering boards, In
particular the MAX622 from Maxim is a 'long lead time' part
(Maxim only makes some when they get ordered apparently)

Since the other parts are all generic there isn't much else to
hold them up. There is still a design issue with this bridge that
we're looking at which is holding up the supply voltage on the
charge pump in the face of heavy load/low battery. I suspect that
for truely high current applications (8 to 30 amps continuous)
there will need to be a ballast resistor in series with the
battery and a voltage take off point to supply the charge pump.
For that would be something like a .1 ohm 100 watt resistor for
a 30 amp system.

Cheers,
--Chuck