 Robotics / Handy Board / 2107
Re: Data, are you out there?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Wed, 7 May 1997 23:28:47 GMT

On Wed, 7 May 1997, King, Terry wrote:

Has anyone tried adjusting the contrast of the LCD? Seeing the screen
can sure a hassle at the wrong angle.

It appears that pin 3 of the display might be where it's done. Should a
potentiometer be used as variable divider, with pin 3 wiping between gnd
and +5V? Or would just putting it in series work?

Sounds about right.  Some displays are worse than others.  I just happened
to get one with a contrast that wouldn't work well until I did the above mod.
As I recall, out of the first there pins, one is +5V, one is GND, and one is
the contrast adjustment.  I put a 20K pot between +5V and GND, and the wiper
to the "other" pin.  Cut that pin going to the handyboard of course.

Curt Mills, WE7U
Senior Methods Engineer/System Administrator
hacker@tc.fluke.com