 Robotics / Handy Board / 2094
Re: HB is a winner!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Sat, 3 May 1997 00:22:36 GMT

In a message dated 97-05-02 00:02:29 EDT, ygarbour@emerald.tufts.edu (Yoni
Garbourg) writes:

2) The digital/analog input headers are a bit tight.  I agree that it
would be annoying to try and seperate the headers to make a bit more
space, but it was a bit annoying trying to fit 16 sensors back to back.

3) Same goes for the motor-0 connection (phone jack is in the way).

What I did (and am doing) for that was this.   (Note: I am neither a computer
person nor an electronics person--I know a minimal amount of each)

I bought a 20-pin connection thingies, the type that *can't* break apart. I
used an X-ACTO knife to cut it off after 12  for the fourth.  Then, I filed
it down so that it was about where it would be if it had ended.  I soldered
the wires in a 1-0-1 pattern all the way thru, and the end that was not filed
was inserted by the RJ11 phone jack.

Something similar could be done for the sensor ports, only the wires would
have to be taped (or something) together so they weren't confused.

~Kat~
~Class of 1997~
~29 days and counting~