 Robotics / Handy Board / 2086
2085  |  2087
Subject:
HB is a winner!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Fri, 2 May 1997 02:17:12 GMT

I just wanted to share my enthusiasm for the HB!
Yesterday I took a robot I was involved in creating to a the first
American Nuclear Society Robotics and Remote Systems Division Student
Robotics Competition.  I am glad to say that the HB was the key to our
winning a first place and $2,000 along with it!  Hurray HandyBoard!

Along with this, I'd like to say a few things about the current design of
the HB:

1) If the HB is already prepared to take external batteries, why not
create some physical switch to circumvent having to cut the power traces.
It's a very simple connection (we made it with a jumper). It just seems so
easy and useful too... (I cut a few more lines than needed the first
time).

2) The digital/analog input headers are a bit tight.  I agree that it
would be annoying to try and seperate the headers to make a bit more
space, but it was a bit annoying trying to fit 16 sensors back to back.

3) Same goes for the motor-0 connection (phone jack is in the way).

Aside from that, WHOOOOPPEEE!!

Sincerely,

Yoni Garbourg

<<  To succeed, Atificial Intelligence needs
1.7 Einsteins, two Maxwells, five Faradays,
and .3 Manhattan Projects."  >>

-John McCarthy