 Robotics / Handy Board / 1999
1998  |  2000
Subject:
hb serial connection
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Tue, 22 Apr 1997 15:52:43 GMT

Hi,

I recently purchased a handy board kit, and while assembling it, ran
into some "download" problems.  After the memory chip and LCD were
installed (Section 6.0.4 and 6.0.5 of the assembly guide) and I tried to
download the IC file (dl pcode_hb.s19), the program halted giving the
following error message:

Downloading 256 byte bootstrap (228 data)

Expected 141, received 60, after 60 chars received.
Perhaps the board was not connected properly or not in download mode.

I made sure that the board was in download mode, and all the LEDs
indicated the correct setup.  The port was also set correctly because
the green LEDs were blinking.  I also tried the windows version
(hbdl.exe) and the message I got said:

Invalid CONFIG reg(0x0D).  Try again.

I tried again several times, and I got the same message.  Please let me
know if you have seen this before, and what was the solution.  In the
meantime I will try to check for continuity for each wire in the memory
circuit and see if I can find the problem myself.  Thanks in advance for
your help.  Please sign me up for the Handy Board mailing list.  Thanks,

Tunde Gyurics
916-388-1076
CSU, Sacramento