 Robotics / Handy Board / 1944
Re: motor routines in lib_hb.c
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Mon, 14 Apr 1997 23:52:51 GMT

At 19:26 4/14/97, Rajesh Gottlieb wrote:
Does anyone know why these eight speeds were chosen in lib_hb.c for the
motors and what would happen if the code were re-written to allow any
speed between 0 and 255?

int _speed_table[]= {
            0b00000000,   /* speed 0 */
            0b00010001,
            0b01001001,
            0b01010101,
            0b01010111,
            0b01110111,
            0b01111111,
            0b11111111    /* speed 7 */
          };

These 8 bit masks are the most symmetrical way to to organize speeds of 0
through 7/7. You could rewrite the code to accept a byte and use that as
the mask, but unless you think it would save space, it's a waste of time.

The miniboard routines I've been using can go from 0 through 16, and the
difference between adjacent speeds is not noticable on any motors I've
tried.

Hope it helps, Dan.

__
Or is it true that a nation cannot cross a desert of organized forgetting?