 Robotics / Handy Board / 1919
1918  |  1920
Subject:
Bots on TV - Nice IR app
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Fri, 11 Apr 1997 09:54:40 GMT

So, I saw the Scientific American show on PBS and I was completelly
geeked! It was too short. I was most impressed by the tennis ball
capturing contest and by Newton Lab's Vision Car entry. Cognachrome
is very cool. After seeing the show I logged on and hunted around on
NL's page and found the paper they put together detailing the
features of M1. I really liked the object/wall avoidance solution
and am interested in finding out more about what NL did. Looks like
some slick programming went into that and a nice hardware
application as well. Is that something that's within the
capabilities of the HB and IC? How much of the system is handled by
hardware (a thousand questons bubble up)?
JTW

P.S. I have my HB running on a platform powered by two converted
servos. It sees the world through bump and photo transducers. Aside
from the extreme disparity between the two photoresistors (which
screws me in bright light situations) it functions quite well. I'm
adding IR and motion sensors next (hence the interst above). This is
fun!