 Robotics / Handy Board / 1890
Re: ??? Last minute sanity checking for a new board
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Tue, 8 Apr 1997 23:34:37 GMT

this is basically right,
read the "appendixb" document listed on the tech docs page for this
kind of info.......

re: hb board size, it's sized so it will fit into a commercial plastic
enclosure that holds an 8 cell AA battery pack.

-fred

http://el.www.media.mit.edu/groups/el/projects/handy-board/techdocs/

In your message you said:

  | NOTICE! I'm posting from a host that is not always available. If your  |
  | email to me bounces or you want to be sure, use 'brat@naxs.com'. THNKS |

Fred (or anybody)-

I'm doing some last minute sanity-checking on a project design and I just
want to make certain I've "groked" these things correctly- in the HB, the
memory is mapped high ($8000+)- right? The area from $4000-6fff is not
used for anything "critical" except for expansion port I/O- If I used a
different expansion scheme that "rearranged" the Yx port selects (so there
are more crammed into the same area) the only thing that "breaks" are any
port address references for that area in the HB library and possibly some
similar type things in the pcode- correct? And since to the best of my
knowledge, the Y0-Y5 selects aren't used for any "official" HB calls, the
only thing that _really_ breaks is contributed code that uses these
addresses (assuming I make provisions to handle $6000-$7000 (Y6-Y7 calls)-
right? Last question :-) Is there some basis for the HB dimensions or was
it arbitrarily arrived at?

Thanks for your assistance!

John Whitten
brat@naxs.com