 Robotics / Handy Board / 1864
    Wire wrapping sockets —Keith the wonder wookie
   I am thinking of building a second handyboard for myself but I want to make a few changes to the design. I need to know if anyone knows of a place to buy a 52 pin PLCC wire wrapping socket for the 68hc11. I am aware that there are adapters to (...) (27 years ago, 4-Apr-97, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

        Re: Wire wrapping sockets —MAR ERICSON
     Hi, Sorry this is on a different note. I was wondering what the advantage is of using wrie wrapping over breadboarding. Someone told me that breadboarding has alot of capacitance and will slow down the circuit at high speeds. Is this so? ---...--- (...) (27 years ago, 4-Apr-97, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

         Re: Wire wrapping sockets —Chuck McManis
     (...) Sure, over 20Mhz or so. I've breadboarded 16Mhz 80286 systems on these things. Don't use the long connections (along the edge) of the board for signals. Also the chance of any given breadboard connection being flakey is about 1 in 200. So if (...) (27 years ago, 4-Apr-97, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

        Re: Wire wrapping sockets —Chuck McManis
   (...) Check out www.cgntech.com, these guys have wire wrap sockets for the 68HC11. But they also have something _much_ cooler. They have a small board which consists of a 68HC11, RS-232 circuit, address latch, and buffer logic, with wire wrap pins (...) (27 years ago, 4-Apr-97, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)