 Robotics / Handy Board / 1859
1858  |  1860
Subject:
Mini SSC - Scott Edwards
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Fri, 4 Apr 1997 09:24:57 GMT

Hi,
I am working in a group to make a six legged robot.  We are using the Mini
SSC from Scott Edwards to control the servo motors.
We've connected the digital output #9 from the Handy Board to the S(in)#2
pin of the SSC.  We also connected the signal output of the SSC to the
servo motor and the power from the servo to the battery.  We tried both
supplying power to the SSC from the 5V from the digital input port, and
from an independent 9V battery.  And finally, we connect the grounds from
the Handy Board, SSC power supply (ie 9V), and servo batteries.  Yet, after
all this we still can't make the servo move through the Handy Board and
SSC.  We can get the Handy Board to directly control the servo but not with
the SSC.

I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem.  Does anyone know
what the proper CONNECTIONS and SOFTWARE to use when interfacing with Scott
Edwards Mini SSC.  Thank you.

Sincerely,
Benjamin Lee
Cornell University