 Robotics / Handy Board / 1849
RE: LCD Panel Substitute
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Thu, 3 Apr 1997 00:54:17 GMT

I recently got mine from Marshall (www.marshall.com).

When I ordered mine about a month ago, they had a bunch of them in stock.

  ....  Jim Montague

----------
From: Bill Conroy
Sent: Wednesday, April 02, 1997 3:19 PM
To: handyboard@media.mit.edu
Subject: LCD Panel Substitute

I am having an extremely difficult time finding a source for the Hitachi
16x2 LCD panel.  I am wondering what an appropriate substitute would be.  I
am looking at the following part from page 53 of the Mouser Electronics
Purchasing Manual #58:

Mouser Module
Stock # Size
592-RCM2037R 80.0 x 38.0

I am hoping someone is willing to look at this part's specifications to
give me an idea whether this is an appropriate replacement LCD panel.
Unfortunately my background is mechanical, not electrical engineering and I
am not sure if this is an appropriate pin for pin replacement.  Any help
would be appreciated.

If anyone has a different part number and source for replacement LCD that
would also be appreciated.

William F. Conroy III                       conroyw@acm.org
Lt Col, USAF