 Robotics / Handy Board / 1841
Re: Robot classification
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Tue, 1 Apr 1997 22:59:12 GMT

Katt97> What sort of engineering would robots, as a whole, be put in?
Katt97> Or would robotics be considered a blend of different kinds of
Katt97> engineering?  -Kat

Yup, blend.

  You got software engineering (art?) for the code to make it work.

  You got mechanical engineering to make it move about.

  You got electrical electrical engineering to get the software
     talking to the hardware.

  You got materials engineering making it stay together (what do you
     mean keep it away from stairs!)

  You got psychological engineering keeping us all at it :-)

Did I miss any?