 Robotics / Handy Board / 1831
1830  |  1832
Subject:
connecting Scott edwards mini-ssc to handy board
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Mon, 31 Mar 1997 16:28:20 GMT

     Hi,

     Does anyone have any insight to offer on connecting the HB to
     the scott edwards electronics mini-ssc servo controller?

     I wanted to connect directly to the HB through the onboard rj12 jack.

     Looking at the schematics It seems I might be able to take wire 2
     from the HB rj12 to the mini-ssc S(in) 2 pin, and wire 5 from the
     HB rj12 to S(in) 1 ground pin on the mini-ssc. Is this the right
     approach?

     It looks also like the ic on the charger board performs some kind of
     inverse function on these lines. Do I have to do something about this?

     For programmimg I wrote some routines based on the serial info found
     from the HB web page. Any gotchas I should be aware of?

     I understand the HB is configured for 9600 baud by default so I set
     the jumper on the mini-ssc for 9600.

     Thanks for any help

        Glenn Graf