 Robotics / Handy Board / 1799
1798  |  1800
Subject:
Digital Outputs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Fri, 28 Mar 1997 18:56:20 GMT

I'm interested in finding more on how I might digitally controll
more devices from the HB.

From my current knowledge I was thinking it is possible
(with some asm code) to drive TTL signals to the unused
expansion header via A12 and A13 pins of the 6811.

If this is possible....
What is envolved here as far as poking and interfacing?
I just want to interface a 7405 (OC) and get 4 states from
the 74138 (Decode/Demult)

My intention is to use the output to drive the transducer
multiplexing circuit.  Currently I'm using the SPI configured
for digital output, BUT I want to have the SPI drive my Vector2X.
I don't believe there is any way to drive both circuits in
parallel to the SPI.

I guess a simple function in C which took a pin# and state
(ie. output(pin#, state), where state is either a 1 or 0)
What poking needs to be done to drive the output?
By writing to A12 and A13 I can get 4 states.  Can I write
to R/W without disturbing anything else on the HB.
Any suggestions?

Your assistance here is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Adam B. Cox      check out my web page
Computer Engineer http://www.zenox.com/~adam
Zenox Communications Corp. vmail: 416-241-7000 (x224)