 Robotics / Handy Board / 1781
1780  |  1782
Subject:
Broken DS1233-10?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Wed, 26 Mar 1997 05:37:07 GMT

        Hello! I've started work on my Handy Board again, after a brief
wait for the memory to arrive, and as soon as I plugged in the boad, I had
a problem. I first noticed when I tried to put the board into bootstrap
mode, as detailed at the end of section 4.4.2 of the assembly instructions.
This had worked before, and I was verifying whether or not it still worked.
Needless to say, it didn't work. The PWR light remained on. It took a
little before I realized that the BATT LED was on. Backtracking a step, I
found that the BATT LED no longer flashed and went out when the board was
turned on, as described in 4.2.2. The rest of the previous tests seem to
work, and since R2 measures 997 ohms, as it should, I deduced that I must
have fried my voltage monitor, since everything else seems to work.

Now that you've read my lengthy exposition, here are my two questions.
(1) Have I fried my DS1233-10?
(2) How can I test the thing?
(3) If I've killed it, where can I find a new one?

I would appreciate any responses

P.S. The Board is running off the AC adapter

-John Kua
Team Leader
G.U.M.P. Engineering
jkua@compuserve.com