 Robotics / Handy Board / 1759
1758  |  1760
Subject:
Adam's schematic / sending large files to the list
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Mon, 24 Mar 1997 14:37:59 GMT

Hi all, a few reactions to Adam's multi-sonar schematic:

* looks like a clever idea and it's an extremely clearly drawn
schematic.  I put a copy up at

http://lcs.www.media.mit.edu/groups/el/projects/handy-board/software/contrib/adam/mxducr1.gif

* Adam, if you would ZIP up and e-mail me the code you use to drive
this, along with any other usage notes, then I will put it on-line and
it will be really useful to people.

Now, a request to everyone (Adam, sorry to use you as the trigger for
this -- it hasn't happened before) --

* Please DON'T E-MAIL LARGE FILES to the Handy Board list.  Adam's BMP
version of the schematic was over 600 K before being unpacked.  Our
mail machine then forwards that message to several hundred users.
Also, it gets archived permanently on our web server.

Obviously, one message isn't going to do any damage, but I know the
sys-admins will get on my case if it starts happening regularly.
Please figure 50K to 100K as the upper limit for an enclosure.

One other small note: Adam, if you had encoded your image as a GIF
rather than as a BMP, you would have a 13K file rather than a 481K
file (without any loss of data).  That would be fine to send around to
everyone (as well as being more cross-platform).

Regards,
Fred