 Robotics / Handy Board / 1734
Re: New motor drivers
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Thu, 20 Mar 1997 23:35:30 GMT

Yes. I use 12 V motors with these chips. The 1A ones.

-----------
ericson mar
Master of Engineering Candidate
Project: Mobile Robotics
mar@cooper.edu
(212)353-4356

Department of Mechanical Engineering
The Cooper Union for the Advancement of Science and Art

On Thu, 20 Mar 1997, Keith the wonder wookie wrote:

At 01:03 AM 3/20/97 -0500, you wrote:

Keith,

How much current do your motors require.  The SN754410 offers 1A per
channel.  If your piggy back them you can increase this to 2A/channel.

Let me know.

The motors are 12 volt 1 amp motors.  I know that the piggyback method will
give me the higher current but I am not that fond of that method.  I would
prefer to have one controller that has power to spare than a rigged system
that will just barely work.  Besides, are those chip capable of handling 12
volts?

Keith

Keith Soldavin
kas219@email.psu.edu