 Robotics / Handy Board / 1723
Re: External power for motors
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Thu, 20 Mar 1997 05:53:29 GMT

Phil,

Let me tell you that when someone made the same suggestion to me
I hade to reconsider the demolition of my beautiful (expensive!)
HB.  My solution is this....

Simple take up pin 8 of the driver chip (SN754410) and wire it so
that it may be plugged to an external source or back to the HB via
the power header (located abov ethe LEDs)  When wiring it to external
power make sure you tie the ground to HB ground so that there is a
common reference to ground of both supplies.  This ensires propper
logic levels etc.  This method enables flexability and no messing up
your HB.  "I hope you haven't cut it yet."

Let me know what you think of this idea.

Adam B. Cox      check out my web page
Computer Engineer http://www.zenox.com/~adam
Zenox Communications Corp. vmail: 416-241-7000 (x224)