 Robotics / Handy Board / 1707
    Re: IR collision avoidance —Sriram Tirunellayi
   (...) could u please tell me where u bought the infrared LED's? The one that i bought from radio shack (part no.276 143) is giving a maximum range of 7.5 inches and i badly need to sense atleast 1 foot. thanks Sriram We didn't want that (...) (28 years ago, 18-Mar-97, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

        Re: IR collision avoidance —Chuck McManis
   (...) The Radio Shack LEDs should work fine. The trick is that these things are very sensitive to intensity, duty cycle, and frequency stability. To modify intensity change the amount of current flowing through the LED (lower resistor value == more (...) (28 years ago, 18-Mar-97, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)