 Robotics / Handy Board / 1703
1702  |  1704
Subject:
compiler,code length, etc
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Mon, 17 Mar 1997 23:54:22 GMT

Hi,  I'm using a very old freeware version of ICC11 for my miniboard programs.
According to the documentation files that I have, it's from 1993. Is there a
more recent version of a C compiler that I can use for my miniboard programs,
maybe one that is free or at least inexpensive and produces more compact code?
If so, where do I get it?  What do all you miniboard gurus out there use?

My other question concerns the length of the iccout.s19 file I get from the
compiler.  I am under the impression that my miniboard with its 6811
microcontroller has 2048 bytes of available space, but the iccout.s19 file is
3052 bytes in length, but dlm.exe reports that the file was downloaded
successfully, and it runs perfectly!  What gives?  Where's the rest of the
program getting stored?

And finally, I would like to adjust the pwm code table in the header file, so
that I can use the same function to control stepper motors attached to the same
port that the DC motor controllers are attached, but I'm not sure how to do
this.  Do I simply modify the miniboard.h file, or the miniboard.s file? Or do I
have to do something to the crt.s file?

Thanks,  patrick