 Robotics / Handy Board / 1687
Re: Re:system time
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Mon, 17 Mar 1997 11:48:26 GMT

Hi Joe,

    Do you have the C-code that you are attempting to
    use and have the problem with ?  Could you please
    post or send it to me ?  I could not see any thing
    wrong from what you described in the mail. It is
    clearer to see the code.

Regards,
-Pandit

----------
From: Joe Martin <Joema@mpx.com.au>
To: handyboard@media.mit.edu
Subject: Re:system time
Date: Monday, March 17, 1997 6:33 AM

Pandit,
As far as I know I can only read system time as along integer or floating
point number(both cannot be used in conditionals).I do not know what
casting is.One idea I came up with is creating process which runs for one
millisecond and putting it in a loop,every time that the process runs it
adds one to itself and therefore returns a count in milliseconds from the
time the process begins for the first time.By using integers in the
mathematics involved in the process you end up with a time count that can
be used in a conditional.
So far I have not had any luck involving this in my programs and I get a
message on my LCD saying RUNTIME ERROR 02 which means that there are no
process slots remaining.I do not fully understand this problem or how to
fix it so any help would be gratefully recieved.
Yours Sincerely
Joe Martin
joema@mpx.com.au