 Robotics / Handy Board / 1656
    Re: IR Collision avoidance —Sriram Tirunellayi
   (...) My question is...in the first diagram (below) the resistance is 220 ohm ie 0.2KOhm But in the second diagram the resistances are 2.2KOhm Which is the correct one? ---...--- (...) (28 years ago, 12-Mar-97, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

        Re: IR Collision avoidance —Richard Vannoy
   (...) Resistors in series with LEDs are generally current limiters, meaning that the LED is very low resistance when conducting, so the resistor is the determinant of current flow. With the little colored LEDs I teach my students to hook up a 1K pot (...) (28 years ago, 13-Mar-97, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)