 Robotics / Handy Board / 1652
  Spike protection

Does anyone know if the motor ports on the HB are spike protected? I would like to actuate a relay from a motor port. Normally a diode across the coil kills the spike, but I was wondering if the drivers on the HB already handle that. Thanks, Terry (...) (28 years ago, 12-Mar-97, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Spike protection

Terry, If you have the L293D or the SN754410 motor driver chips, then the diodes are present. - Prabal (...) (28 years ago, 12-Mar-97, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)