 Robotics / Handy Board / 1640
Re: Breaking
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Fri, 7 Mar 1997 22:40:51 GMT

I've slammed it backwards a couple of times.

-----------
ericson mar
Master of Engineering Candidate
Project: Mobile Robotics
mar@cooper.edu

Department of Mechanical Engineering
The Cooper Union for the Advancement of Science and Art

On Thu, 6 Mar 1997, Eric Kille wrote:

I was wondering what methods of breaking have been used with handyboard
motors.  Is it OK just to slam them in reverse for a few milliseconds ?
Or will the large current impulse be harmful to the motor and driver chips ?
It looks like the breaking mode of the motor driver chips, has been
disabled with a not gate that connects pins in1 and in2. (and the
same for in3 and in4) Would it be possible to disconnect the NOT gate
and use a digital output to get this extra feature ? I think the 4 modes
of the driver chips are

Pin        In1       In2
Neutral     0         0
Forward     1         0