 Robotics / Handy Board / 1588
  Re: IR Collision avoidance

Well, at risk of being branded a heretic, since you've brought up the issue of modulated IR, I'm going to throw out an observation I've made about the Radio Shack IR sensors which several other people on the mailing list have privately disagreed (...) (28 years ago, 3-Mar-97, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: IR Collision avoidance

At any point are you making an effort to detect your 40kHz IR signal? If you use the sharp IR detector to receive your 40kHz signal you are going to get an initial burst when the thing first turns on and then it will average out to zero just like (...) (28 years ago, 3-Mar-97, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)