 Robotics / Handy Board / 1582
Re: Servos and Handyboard.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Sun, 2 Mar 1997 19:01:22 GMT

you can't power 2 servos from the hb's own +5v supply.

get a separate 5v supply (linear regulated, *noT* a switching supply,
OR batteries) and run your servo power from that.  connect this
external supply ground to the HB motor ground (on J13).

-Fred

In your message you said:
Hi Everyone.

I'm doing a project on controlling servos using the handy board
(actually, I'm building a camera rig with servo controls and interfacing this
tho the www)
My problem is this: when i try to control both servos at the same time,
using the dual servoroutines, i get no real control. Only one of the
servos starts up and starts 'hacking' at one position.
I believe i could have done something wrong with the power supply, but i
dont really know. Here is my configuration:

-Mac 7500/100 with IC2.853
-serial interface/battery charger with 12V powersupply
-2 HITEC 300 servos, one connected to the servo port, and the other one
to the 'TO3' port. for the latter one, i'm using power from connector #7
(#9 is the other servo)
-included the serov_a#.icb files in the .lis file on startup.

Thank you for your time

Yours Jon Kolbeinsen